Friday, March 13, 2009

Recommended Read: "The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood"

"The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood" by Nadine M. Rosin is a true account of the author's relationship with her "canine daughter" Buttons. The book focuses on the canine-human bond, hoistically healing canine cancer and the grieving process.

I "met" Nadine online a Twitter (@PetParentAuthor). Following the link to her blog is where I learned more about the book. At first, this did not seem like it was for me. I'm not usually a fan of personal pet stories as I have plenty of my own. Nadine was kind enough to feature me in a blog, and the more blogs from her I read the more I became convinced to order the book.

The first thing that struck me about "The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood" is how much personal informaion Nadine shares. She opens up so much of her experiences that somewhere you will find yourself being able to relate. This level of intimacy also draws the reader in and allows you to "get to know" Buttons as well. Nadine's explaination of the holistic therapies used will also serve to educate pet owners on alternative care options.

Toward the end of the book, I was in tears. We recently lost our beloved 14-year-old, AmStaff, Jesse. Nadine's book helped me unlock some supressed emotions. What a catharsis! The "The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood" has been recommended to any pet owner who is grieving. But I feel it is for any owner who has ever had a deep emotional bond with their pet.

Please check out Nadine M. Rosin's blog, http://petparenthood.blogspot.com/ to learn more about her and "The Healing Art of Pet Parenthood".

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful review! You've convinced me to read Nadine's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I read about Nadine's book the more convinced I am that I need to read it rather than the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to know that there is a book like this available that explains holistic alternatives. With all due respect to allopathic medicine, it's not the only answer and there needs to be an understanding of both holistic and traditional Western therapies so that our animals and their people get the best possible treatment.

    Namaste,

    John

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here: